Quizzes of the coming two days will be dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi. Please feel free to share your comments on the Father of the Nation in the comments.
1. Identify this person who is blood related to Mahatma Gandhiji
Ans. Devdas Gandhi, the youngest son of Gandhiji
2. While holding a first-class ticket Gandhiji was ordered by a railway official to shift to the van compartment. On his refusal to comply with the unjust order, a constable was called to push him out with bag and baggage. Identify the railway station where this incident took place.
3. Subhas Chandra Bose was elected President of the Congress in 1938 with Gandhiji's goodwill. He wanted a second term, but Gandhiji did not approve of it. Despite the disapproval, Bose fought the election and won it, defeating the official candidate by over 200 votes. Gandhiji took it as a personal defeat. Identify the candidate.
Ans. Pattabhi Sitaramaiah
4. The book "Unto This Last" greatly captivated and transformed Gandhiji. So much so that he translated it into Gujarati. Who was its author?
Ans. John Ruskin
5. Gandhiji's "The Story of My Experiments with Truth" was originally written in Gujarati. Who translated it into English?
Ans. Mahadev Desai